Due to its excellent geographical location, Miskolc is in an advantageous position in terms of international transport and trade. It is in the area of three countries - Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania - which can be reached within 1 hour.
Highway network: The M30 / M3 motorway connects directly to the city center
- Uninterrupted connection to the European motorway road network in AT, SLO, HR directions
- The new built Miskolc-Košice motorway section was inagurated in October 2021
- The road network of the Miskolc motorway is part of the “Via Carpathia” international commercial road network
- Miskolc is also part of the Trans-European Transport Network, which is the European Union's joint development program for connecting the transport infrastructure of the member states.
Excellent railway transport - Miskolc is a regional hub in railway transport
- The constantly expanding track network also provides international travel opportunities
- Regular freight transport in the direction of seaports
- Advanced passenger transport infrastructure
Nearest seaport: Koper, Slovenia
- Rail connection 21 times a week from Budapest
- Planned railway connection 2 times a week from Miskolc
- Nearest airports: 3 international airports - Budapest, Debrecen, Košice - can be reached within a maximum of 1.5 hours.